Hello everyone! Today is N8 Day (November 8th)!
It’s also my third year photographing with a DSLR. I got my D90 in October of 2009 and it has served me well taking every photo except one from this collage. Can you guess which one?
It’s this one here.
This last year in particular has been quite a wild ride with a lot of big photos.
- On N8 day last year I was in England with my first trip to Europe. Those photos are here.
- Then in the spring I covered a number of weddings: Megan and Nathan, Telo and Kendra and Jessica and Eric. Those were a lot of fun. I was so happy to be able to capture the big day for so many wonderful people.
- The summer was filled with Roller derby action with the Tilted Thunder Rail Birds! Not only was I there for their team photos and many of the bouts but, they also hosted the National Championship Battle of the Bank!
Here’s a video montage of all 1.600 photos from the championships.
You can find the photos from each bout in my albums.
- The summer also brought on a whole new challenge when I bought and started remodeling my house. The studio is still in progress but, lots of work is being done this month to have it ready for holiday portraits.
- In September I did the Mass Effect Photos with Punished Props (@chinbeard) and they were seen by about 30,000 people. They were also picked up by Kotaku as a featured post.
- The weekend after that I teamed up with Bioware at PAX Prime to run their photo booth. Those photos brought in over 380,000 viewers and made a second Kotaku featured post.
- In October the Photographers @ Microsoft photobook was published. This is my second year contributing to this charity. (http://www.facebook.com/PhotographersAtMicrosoft) I was also honored by being placed in the top 20 photos from over 2,000 submissions. My photo of Nicole and Natasha was featured on the cover and the marketing materials. I was also able to meet one of my photography heroes Chase Jarvis at the launch party and talk about his exciting company, Creative LIVE!
It has been a whirlwind year and there may still be a few announcements to make before the end of the year. I’m also working on even bigger plans and travels for next year.
If you are enjoying my photos head over to Facebook and favorite and add my page to your special interests so you can be current on the latest news.
Thank you all for your support and excitement about my photos this year!
Also if there’s something you’d like to see let me know, in a comment here or on Facebook.